A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Easter Weekend...




This scene out of my office window is repeated every Easter.


The quiet car park is taken over for the weekend by a giant Scottish funfair. From midday till seven pm the noise is horrendous. It puts me off work! Any excuse, you see! So,I usually spend the Easter weekend just like every other day, escaping into cyberspace.

I would love to go camping. or do something more energetic but I soon go off the idea.

Last night I went to see my friends, Didier and Phil in their new restaurant. I had a few beers with them, then Phil and I went to his new house for a small house-warming party. A couple of glasses of Chateauneuf du Pape later, I decided to get a taxi home. (2 am.)

I tried to unlock my front door but it was bolted from inside. Knocked, banged, raged then grabbed the taxi back. Luckily the driver had been counting his money while I tried to wake up the neighbourhood.

I headed back to the office and tried to go to sleep balanced between two chairs. It felt like camping except that I had an espresso machine nearby.


The Marina this evening.



















..

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Ah well, the price of a couple of glasses of Chateauneuf du Pape.

The picture is beautiful.

7/4/07 9:46 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Well, you did want to go camping, didn't you?

Oh dear.

8/4/07 1:20 AM  
Blogger gudbrandsdottir said...

Hihi, I think the IDEA of sleeping between two chairs is enough!!
Hope you had at least gott espresso!

8/4/07 3:46 AM  
Blogger gudbrandsdottir said...

...sorry, GOOD espresso I ment... me and my languages!!!

8/4/07 3:47 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

I can't get the funfair to load so I'll just have in imagine that - are there lots of kilts to show its Scottish?

8/4/07 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL nice one, cream.

I'd be worried about it being bolted on the inside though... who's in there?

8/4/07 10:15 AM  
Blogger zoe said...

that's what i was thinking, edvard - how did you manage to bolt your front door from the inside ?

scratches head and wonders off ...

8/4/07 2:25 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Who locked you out?

That noise outside your window is excruciating! We recently had a bottle of wine called "Chat en oeuf" (honestly, it was quite palatable too.

Love the photograph of the marina.

8/4/07 3:06 PM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

hope you had some sleep though!! Happy easter!

8/4/07 3:30 PM  
Blogger Hayden said...

Humm. (sigh.) hope you got some sleep.

The pic of the harbor is gorgeous.

8/4/07 11:25 PM  
Blogger Dizzy said...

Wow what a fab photo, quite stunning.

Just catching up on your blogs.

Poor you, not a good few days eh Cream. What with the standing in for the chef, the fun fair and being locked out!

At least you had the sunshine, these beautiful views and your friends to have a few glasses of wine with, and the taxi - he could have gone.

I think I need educating in music Cream, give me a few bands that I should be listening to, move me off my old 70's stuff.

9/4/07 9:15 AM  
Blogger Merisi said...

Poor poor Cream, this reads like you risked waking up beaten to "Butter"! Horrible experience.
Hope you find an eitherdown bed for the next nights, in order to recuperate. Have a great week,
I'm off to Venice.

9/4/07 9:19 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Awww Cream, I hope things are better for you.

9/4/07 3:15 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I wondered too, the same as Edvard and Zoe...how did you manage to bolt the door on the inside while you're on the outside and who's inside there...and where are you now, are you lost and cold and hungry, are you okay?

9/4/07 4:25 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

eeek what an awful noise.

God, that sounds middle aged, doesn't it?

Hope you've caught up on sleep a bit.

9/4/07 7:14 PM  
Blogger anna said...

With an espresso machine nearby it sounds like it was a hell of a lot better than camping.

I love the name Didier, by the way. I think it's so damn sexy.

10/4/07 3:35 AM  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Now you can write CHAIRMAN on your business cards!

10/4/07 10:13 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

i thought you were living in your own little place?

15/4/07 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home