A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Another one bites the dust...

























I cenosfss I tinhk I danrk a fiar bit of blbuby on New Yaer's Eve.

Wehn I got up on Jnarauy 1st I cdunlot rmbeemer werhe I had prkaed my car.
My wfie took me dwon to the Yahct Marnia. We lkeood and sacehred otuisde our rstrarutnes but cudnolt fnid it.

So I sootd in fornt of our pzizirea and filkcied my ifrnraed key a cupole of tmies and "Hey persto!" smoe lgiths satrted falhisnig jsut osutide the Tpaas bar a hnudned yrdas aawy. Vrey rileleevd, I was.

"Now I rmebemer!"

I had rturenerd hree jsut atefr mdigihnt to fnisih off the clebearionts in Sniasph sytle with Slsaa and Snargia!

Capice?

The second service at the pizzeria went very well. We ended up serving 169 customers in the end. The Tapas bar and our Mediterranean restaurant, the original one did very well too.
I celebrated midnight at the latter. A glass of bubbly and a slice of cake which a customer had prepared for us.
Then some of our staff went with us to the Tapas bar for a dance.

I realised I hadn't had anything to each since midday when I had a light omelet and a salad. So I grabbed a slab of Brie and a slice of bread to shut my noisy stomach up.

Anyone for turkey?



Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Akelamalu said...

He he he - sounds like you had a great time Cream!

I danced so much on New Years Eve I didn't even get drunk! It's a long time since I've been able to do that and it was just FANTASTIC!!

3/1/08 2:49 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

No, neither did I really.
I had to get up early to go with our neighbour to the other side of the country to watch our football team get beaten.
Really happy that you're dancing again, Akela. Knees up!

3/1/08 7:01 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

I did drink rather a lot of champagne (my son was picking up the bill), but my head was perfectly clear as I watched the fantastic fireworks from his apartment. So pleased all your restaurants did well, thats got to make it a happy New Year!!

3/1/08 9:14 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Q, I was thinking of you when I said I was pleased Akela was dancing again.
I do hope you did dance at least a little.
I got in firstname terms with Veuve Clicquot as I downed much of her champagne.
Yes, I am glad the restaurants did well because it will start to slow down now till Easter. Apart from Valentines.

3/1/08 11:07 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

At first I thought you said the turkey bit the dust. Never read blogs while you're sleepy, seems to be the same as being drunk.

For some reason, I got to hating old year's night [new year's eve] while living in the Caribbean, I especially hate that aulde lang syne song, don't know why.

Hope your restaurants continue to do well, Cream, then you can go more often to Marrakesh.

4/1/08 1:17 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

We sang Auld Lang Syne holding hands with staff and customers.
I only know a few of the words so I just mumble and swing my arms with the others.
Thanks, Gigi. I shall try and get away as soon as I can.

4/1/08 11:47 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Happy New Year Cream. Glad you found the car. I'm looking forward to settling back into a little routine for awhile.

4/1/08 1:32 PM  
Blogger Hayden said...

yummm, Veuve Clicquot! I drank her bubbly for my pre-NY eve brunch. Love it.

Funny post, glad you had a good time.

I was fast asleep before midnight; the fireworks wakened me so I stumbled to the window to watch, then stumbled right back to bed again!

They are much prettier when I'm not wearing my glasses, I'll have to remember this for next time!

5/1/08 2:56 AM  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

You always speak my language, Cream.

Happy New Year.

I don't do resolutions but I willbe up for some salsa before the Year is too old x

5/1/08 12:35 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Happy New Year, Mary.
Yes, I'm also glad things are back to normal.

5/1/08 1:39 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Being at work, I always miss our town's fireworks.
I saw Sydney's on the telly. Amazing!

Happy New Year, Cherrybabes. Thanks for the text.
You're welcome to strut your stuff up here anyday.

5/1/08 1:55 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

Really lovely! Sounds like you brought 2008 in with delicious food, good friends and had a great time!

5/1/08 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home