A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Seven random things about me...



















Spanish Goth has tagged me even though he knows that, just like him I am not that keen on these memes...

1-I have been trying to learn to play the guitar since the age of 12. I am still crap! I try for a little while and then give up because my fingers hurt. The only thing I can "play" very badly is a little bit of El Concierto de Aranjuez.

2-I can live on salads for weeks on end. A massive bowlful of lettuce, fennel, celery, apple, tomatoes, grilled peppers, olives, radish, etc... with grilled chicken, smoked mackerel, or tuna...

3-I cannot do just one thing at a time. I have to be active because I worry I am wasting time even when I am wasting time. I can watch the telly, doodle, listen to music and drink tea all at the same time. When I go to the loo, I always read something or do a sudoku... Tick-tock-tick-tock....

4-Although I hate cleaning my car, I did just that for the first time in two years this Sunday because I was bored out my brains. I found £4.75 in change, 7 pens, a packet of chewing gum and 4 pairs of sunglasses...

5-I am forever daydreaming. Even at very important meetings I doodle and look out of the window in the same way I used to do when I was at school.

6- I celebrated 22 years in business last Friday. "May the fourth be with you!" has always been my motto since 1985.

7-I would love to sell the lot and head back to the Med, buy a country house in France, become a real artist (rather than the "peace artist" I am) and learn to play the guitar properly.

As per usual, I do not tag people so, anyone who wants to reveal seven random things about themselves, please feel free to be tagged.
...

Labels: , , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Akelamalu said...

I hope you achieve number 7 Cream, though you will keep blogging won't you? :)

8/5/07 1:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Congratulations on the 22! Now...why not try something new? A house on the Med, doing art... sounds like heaven. Go for it! If not now then when? tick, tock...

8/5/07 7:19 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Nowt like dreaming but all great projects start like that, Akelamalu. And yes, I am sure I will still blog.

Thanks, Mary... I have a feeling I am going to work on this heavenly dream. I can hear my brain ticking...

8/5/07 7:35 PM  
Blogger SpanishGoth said...

Well done Sir - I still vow to visit and eat at one of your establishments before you go somewhere that the sunglasses are of more use.

I only tagged you because I thought it was interesting enough...

May the fourth be with you - (my older padowan apprentice)

8/5/07 7:52 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Thank goodness someone else doesn't like memes. Akelamalu keeps saying she will send me one, if I moan about them, so lets hope she doesn't see this!!!
What will it be the med or France???? My son plays the guitar, and makes it look so easy, but I will take your word for it!!

8/5/07 11:13 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

22 years in business,wow,that's some acheivement and I'm glad I'm not the only soul on the planet who hates cleaning her car-though I always feel like I am, living in a very suburban street where everyone cleans their cars religiously at the weekend?

8/5/07 11:26 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Goth, you are welcome anytime. I think there will be a few more Star Wars episodes before I get out of here.
May the FARCE turn to reality!

Queenie, welcome back! I was thinking of putting the two together and heading for South of France... Anywhere between the Spanish border and the Camargue! That would be a dream location!
I just didn't practice enough to be good.

Phoenix, it's been a good laugh at times. The best bit is the happy customers.
Do your religious neighbours clean the cars with holy water?

8/5/07 11:38 PM  
Blogger Hayden said...

22 years is a major accomplishment - but I hope "the fourth" is a lisp, not a portent of another restaurant......... that would tie you further!!

9/5/07 2:59 AM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

Happy 22nd!

and, you continue to surprise me, you doodle, write poem AND multitask!! Where to go!

9/5/07 6:55 AM  
Blogger Merisi said...

Cream,
I dream of one day visiting France (haven't kissed her soil yet), and I'd love to know that there's a nice place like yours would certainly be (you know that you need to have some rooms too, don't you? Like the Inn at Little Washington, people book dinner and overnight stay, because with dinner so good who wants to travel home through the night?).
Congratulations on the 22 years in business, quite a feat! I know, my sister was in the business, and one of my brother is (I don't envy him).
Hope to meet you soon in France!

9/5/07 8:45 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Hayden, no I can assure you I don't want a fourth restaurant... As you say that would definitely shackle me even further.

Bella, I need a long holiday! Can I go to camp with your son!

Merisi, it sounds great from the outside but as you may imagine, it is a very tying business to be in.
You never know, maybe one day. France is beautiful and so is the food.

9/5/07 9:30 AM  
Blogger Maryam in Marrakesh said...

22 years in business! You are an INSPIRATION! But the question is...will you share your pizza recipe:-)

9/5/07 9:37 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Maryam, I wish I could remember the quantities!
The last time I made a pizza was about 8 years ago.
But it's like riding a bike. I'm sure if I were put on the spot I would make an edible one.
It is the dough that makes the difference. I like mine light and crispy.
Topping: Freshly chopped tomatoes, best mozzarella, basil, anchovies, olives and a few jalapenos. This is my favourite one.

10/5/07 1:14 AM  
Blogger Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

So it's called a sudoku in Geordie land? Most people say a no.2 or poo.

The Camargue is one of my favourite parts of France - you can keep your Cote d'Azur, give me a home where the pink flamingos roam, and the cowboys wear tight trousers ... have I told you about the time I ended up sat next to Manitas de Plata in Le Grau du Roi, before I realized it was his flamenco club? My companion briefly became a Gipsy King that night. And all because he'd gone to do a sudoku during the interval ...

10/5/07 10:00 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Daphnee, you told me that story. Yes, I prefer this side of the South of France. Les Saintes Maries de la Mer had not waken up when I was there a few years ago in May.
I didn't look at the cowboys but the black bulls and the white horses were exactly how I imagined them among the swamps and reeds...

I am going to Carcassonne at the beginning of June for the yearly pilgrimage with our Did!

Sudoku is Japanese for Montezuma's revenge.

10/5/07 10:20 PM  
Blogger anna said...

Happy anniversary!

11/5/07 3:56 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Thank you, Anna.

11/5/07 8:33 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

Please do #7 and I will come to visit! We can drink and paint!

11/5/07 8:09 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

That would be a fantastic idea, Val!

12/5/07 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home