A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Freedom of expression...

...The best cure for depression.

Today, on BBC Radio Five, it was suggested that a platform should be given to all sorts of people whatever their message, such the racist BNP, the Talebans, etc...
What is freedom of expression? When does it become offensive?

This morning I received the following and . Some may not find it in good taste. So anyone easily offended... look away now...

I just think that it's a very sad world we live in, when Sir Paul McCartney and his wife are facing divorce and all anyone seems to want to do is make jokes about her false leg. Personally, I think it's prosthetic.

News reports have confirmed that Paul McCartney has separated from his wife Heather Mills-McCartney.
Mrs Mills-McCartney is said to be distraught over the split. "He has been my crutch for so long"!

She said in an earlier briefing, "I have no idea why this has happened, I'm really stumped"

"She's running around in circles," according to a close friend, "she will need all the support she can get. It's not like it’s easy to walk out on a relationship like this"

It is not known whether a prenuptial agreement was signed prior to the marriage. Paul McCartney is one of the richest men in the world, and if an agreement has been signed it is believed that she won't have a leg to stand on.

Another source has suggested that her battle with alcoholism was the cause. "Macca couldn't handle it anymore" a friend said, "he would get home at night and find her legless"

In an unrelated story, a gold miner in Africa has an accident and loses a leg.
He says to his mate "I've had it! Who will want a one legged gold digger?"

Did you smile or were you outraged?

11 Comments:

Blogger Caribbean Colors said...

I smiled, but then again, I'm not an Anglophile, I'm just plain rude.

1/12/06 11:29 PM  
Blogger LDahl said...

How tasteless! Horrid!
I wonder if it's because another woman has her toe in the door?
hehe

1/12/06 11:36 PM  
Blogger Trac said...

Oh Cream...
This may say alot about me, but I am honestly crying with laughter!

Smile or outraged?? hahahahahaha.... :O)
x

2/12/06 12:13 AM  
Blogger Guyana-Gyal said...

In her case 'almony' is 'all 'e money' [all his money].

2/12/06 1:54 AM  
Blogger Guyana-Gyal said...

Arg, I mean, 'alimony'.

2/12/06 1:57 AM  
Blogger Hayden said...

no plain smiles from me, I was laughing too hard!

2/12/06 2:47 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Lee, playing rude, eh?

L, the new woman will fall on both feet marrying Macca!

Trac, I thought you'd laugh, you rebel! Tickled pink with a Heather? x

"Show me the money!" Gigi... Or "Your money or your wife!"

Glad you enjoyed it, Hayden!

I am happy that you're all showing great taste!
There were even rudder rumours going round like:"She's terrible" a source stated, "always trying to get her leg over."

2/12/06 10:12 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

I don't mind offensive stuff if it makes me laugh, but I don't find any of this funny - not up to the standard of your usual delightful posts. My fave funny post that you wrote was the one about Karen and electricity on Tuesday, December 13, 2005.

4/12/06 9:11 PM  
Blogger homo escapeons said...

She was so hated by his other children..they probably wrote the original story years ago.
I laughed because, well, I am a small man in many ways and I understand that comedy comes from anger and pain not joy and happiness.

I laughed when she came to Canada last year to protest the Baby Seal Whacking and one of those little fuzzy guys tried to bite her.
I don't support the Whacking but I understand why they did it...back to Heather.
I sure hope that he finds someone more suitable next time, like his buddy Prince Charles, maybe Carmella has a sister?

5/12/06 7:01 PM  
Blogger ML said...

Or lord, but not only did I smile, but I laughed loud and long!

6/12/06 7:16 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Julie, I respect your judgement. I am glad you like that December post.

HE, they couldn't stand her!
Well, she's hopped along now.
Macca may settle down now to a sedate life.

ML, glad you liked it.

6/12/06 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home