A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Friday, June 30, 2006

TGIF...

The next time you think you're having a bad day...

Fire authorities in California found a corpse in a burned out section of forest while assessing the damage done by a forest fire.
The deceased male was dressed in a full wet suit, complete with scuba tanks on his back, flippers and facemask.
A post-mortem revealed that the person had died not from burns, but from severe internal injuries.

Dental records provided a positive identification.
Investigators then set about to determine how a fully clad diver ended up in the middle of a forest fire.
It was revealed that on the day of the fire, the person went for a diving trip off the coast some 20 miles from the forest.

The firefighters, seeking to control the fire as quickly as possible, called in a fleet of helicopters with very large dip buckets.
Water was scooped from the ocean and then flown to the forest fire and emptied.

You guessed it.

One minute our diver was enjoying himself like Flipper in the Pacific and the next he was doing the breaststroke in a fire dip bucket 300 feet in the air.

Apparantly he extinguished exactly 5'10" of the fire.

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. Check it out!

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Identikit said...

Oh Cream, I shall have to stop reading your blog or any of your comments when I am at work. Hysterical laughter is not very becoming in a headteacher, even on a Friday.

I never did like swimming though. Now I know I had good reason.

30/6/06 12:53 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

I hope you are blogging during your lunch hour and not during work.
I can because my office is laughter-proofed...and I's the boss anyway!

Kitty, cats don't usually like swimming...

30/6/06 1:20 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

haha, get that cat.

Yeah, that video chez Wendz was so dire, just so dire. I didn't say anything there because I didn't want Wendz throwing me into a forest fire or anything, but Dido can't sing and I don't even think she is sexy.

Hope Wendz doesn't visit here or I'll be in deep trouble.

30/6/06 2:59 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Trac, Dido in the same sentence...Sorry...Couldn't help it really!

Kitty, Dido again!!!
Is she that bad? Am I tone deaf?

KG, yep! That's the message...If you think you're having a bad day, there's always someone a lot worse off!

Wendz, you wouldn't do that to Kitty, would you? She's a cat anyway...Nine lives...

30/6/06 7:08 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

Hahahaha Cream thanks so much. You've made me feel a bit better about my life!

Have a good weekend.

30/6/06 10:27 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Moral of the story.

Do not swim.

This is not a true story, right, Cream? Right? It's not true at all.

Right?

30/6/06 10:31 PM  
Blogger Hayden said...

oh, MAN! and here you just KNOW that all of his friends were dissing and ragging him about sharks.

1/7/06 2:17 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Such a clever storyteller.

1/7/06 3:46 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Lettuce, I am one of those who laugh at other people misfortunes, but only because I imagine them happening to me!!

Gigi, the moral of the story is think yourself lucky you're alive!

Hayden, can you imagine the face of the shark that was just about to take a bite?

Mary, the friend of a friend sent me it... I just told it as it was... But thanks!

1/7/06 9:15 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

What about Live 8?
Did Dido die there? -...-..--..Morse Code...
Oooooooh, St Trop and Cannes, eh?
Showing off, you jetsetter, you!

1/7/06 7:43 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Ha! I'm pretty sure I saw this on an episode of CSI.

1/7/06 10:10 PM  
Blogger Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

An Algerian Geordie restaurateur in Middlesbrough? Amazing. Great recipes. I will check in with you next time I'm making a couscous (which I do rather well, if I say so myself, being an ex daughter in law of the desert). Ras al Hanout, old chap.

3/7/06 7:48 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Daphne, ex-daughter-in-law of the desert!
No need to be amazed... We Algerians only settle where there are shiny happy people around us!

Top of the Shop, girl!

3/7/06 10:53 PM  
Blogger Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

My point exactly -- MIDDLESBROUGH??? That's bandit country my son. Thanks for dropping by my blog - do call again!

I never put raisins in mine, incidentally.

4/7/06 4:45 AM  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

I saw that scenario on an episode of CSI. Is it real I thought it was another Urban Legend?

Talk about extinguished!

4/7/06 7:08 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Daphne, not the Boro itself but still in the Tees Valley: Monkey hanging country...
No, definitely no raisins unless it's the sweet version with milk!

HE, I have no idea where the story came from but when the fire goes out, that the end!

4/7/06 9:15 AM  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Ha ha ha! I've been having a shit week. It's good to be reminded that there's always someone worse off than yourself xx

6/7/06 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home