A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Sun Shites on the Righteous...






Remember my last post? About the Scottish guy who sent me £10 because he'd underpaid his bill...?
Yes?
Remember how pleased with the world we all were?

Well, last Wednesday one of our waitresses dropped our precious credit card machine and rendered it totally useless!!!
We had to revert to the old swiped vouchers for two days while awaiting for the arrival of a replacement.
This morning the manager began keying the vouchers into the new machine.
Halfway through the fifty or so payments, one of the transactions was refused due to an "invalid card" £46.95...

Aha! Is it still a wonderful world?

Now, I am sure that the person knew the card was invalid and therefore he or she is a THIEF !

Many people do not consider this as a crime...
"Ha, ha, ha... We've just had a free meal!"
Or when they buy fake videos or perfume... Or when they consider tax fraud or social benefits...

But they would never ever steal an egg, you know...

My mother, bless her soul used to say:
"Qui vole un oeuf, vole un boeuf!"
(He who steals an egg can also steal a bull!) Bloody heavier, like!

Does it make me lose hope? No way...
Our Scottish friend's gesture is still fresh in my mind!
There IS always HOPE!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Yes,there is always hope Cream. Check out betmo's post for today at http://betblue.blogspot.com/ which totally says it all.

27/6/06 2:36 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Track them down, the darn teefs. Don't let them get away with it.

The sun shites on the righteous? No wonder it's always so darn hot here, but there ain't many righteous here...mostly self-righteous and wicked.

27/6/06 4:23 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Mary, that was truly inspirational!
Mother Theresa, bless her soul!

KG, What goes around, comes around without wishing anything nasty on this "tief"!

Christine, those people have no feelings in the first place!

Gigi, I know exactly what you're on about! Don't let them get you down!

Trac, I like it! You're nuts!

Wendz, great investment! That's a lot of fleas! Ooouch!

27/6/06 6:20 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Ohhh! I agree wholeheartedly with Wendz.....and just reading that has made me itch!!

27/6/06 6:24 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

PTB....

27/6/06 6:48 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

I don't know what you're on about! Our Bob is still Hoping...

Your African Highness, there's no Hope for you!

Tat, PTB in this case, means Punch The Bastard, if I catch the thief!

27/6/06 10:09 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

'Tis a shame, but don't let one jerk get you down-- There's plenty more where he came from!

27/6/06 11:52 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

I've found the thread of comments here hard to follow.

I always think things like that balance out in the long run - one nice gesture, one horrid thing. As I walk along the corridor at school, one boy holds a door open for me and I beam at him then I get to the next door and some twerp swings it closed in my face and I scream at them. I always expect the best though - that's why my nose is so squashed!!

28/6/06 12:41 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Viking, I thought you'd be very sympathetic!

Trac, bugger Homer! It wasn't up to your usual Royal standard anyway!

Kitty, with your feline instinct I would've thought you would've seen the door coming!
And pull the other one about your squashed nose!!!

28/6/06 8:09 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

Good for you! I love your positive attitude! I guess one bad egg out of many diners is a drag, but not so bad right? Love what your Mom said...

29/6/06 6:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh what deliciousness in the pictures below!!!!!

and yeah, you cant let bad situations change your view on life- being positive is where its at-

29/6/06 10:39 PM  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Swiping a swiped card can't swipe your hope eh?

2/7/06 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home