A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Friday, June 16, 2006

The Invasion of Carcassonne....2006










Sunday morning Carcassonne's invasion commences...
Two Algerians and a Frenchman (originally from Carcassonne but now plying his culinary art in the North East) will descend on two unassuming old age pensioners (Didier's parents) to turn their world upside down for 3 days...

Maman Didier has already bought the ingredients for her famous fish soup with rouille, croutons and cheese...The rest of the meal, I have been told is now a secret! Can't wait...

Papa Didier's dusty cellar will be assaulted from all sides as the Trois Mousquetaires intend to make a dent in it...

We have planned to take them out to dinner at Saskia or Le Jardin de la Tour... but I have a feeling that the theory will not be turned into practice... after the wine-tasting-without-spitting....

Monday, we will spend the day visiting Didier's many old friends, most of whom own bars and restaurants in and around Carca... No doubt, more wine sampling will take place...

In the afternoon we'll be picking up another friend from the airport and he will gently be introduced to Carca's hospitality...

Tuesday we will head for the Blue Med...and St Cyprien...
On the way we may encounter traffic problems due to Tat's gigantic cucumber...

We intend to dip our toes in the sea then sample les spécialités locales and yet more wine...

We'll come back to Earth in our dear North East on Wednesday full of wine, memories and hopefully photos...if I remember to take some...

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Identikit said...

Have a wonderful time but make sure you come back.

Kitty
xxxx

16/6/06 12:57 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

sounds truly wonderful, I'm envious. Have a great great time.

16/6/06 1:29 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Kitty, it's very tempting to stay there...but I will come back:o(

Lettuce, I shall try very hard not to have too much of a good time...
I know I won't succeed!

Trac, yes you do that... Watch out for anyone who's out to topple us over!
I'll check out the bars for when you go...

16/6/06 5:38 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Trac, when I said watch out, I meant keep an eye on the African Queen...
Looks like we were both right!

Wendz, I love your new body! Have you been on my famous salad diet?

17/6/06 10:19 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Wendz what a picture!

Cream - have a fantastic time in Carca. Tempted to buy a second home there?

17/6/06 11:26 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

gee, i sure hope you remember to take photos, i would love to see all that you speak of cream! Sounds like a wonderful time!!!

17/6/06 6:02 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh have fun...lucky.

17/6/06 7:36 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Are you having fun? Gosh, I'm so hungry reading about all this food.

My mother is cooking tripe. I don't eat meat. But she's currying it and IT SMELLS GOOD!!!

Do you like sweet dishes? I have this sweet 'n' spicy mango recipe I need to share.

17/6/06 10:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're so fortunate! I'm stuck here in boring DC. :(

17/6/06 10:44 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Oooh all sounds lovely lovely lovely! Have a great time :-)

17/6/06 10:51 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

...fish soup with rouille, croutons and cheese *passes out through envy*

18/6/06 11:33 AM  
Blogger Hayden said...

oh yum and then some. sounds just wonderful! Cream, you are haveing WAYYY too much fun!

18/6/06 3:06 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

Go easy on your liver! Take the kind advice of someone who has been ill treating his on the last few days... ;)

18/6/06 5:33 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

You will be able to see my enormous Cucumber on the horizon whilst you dip your toes... have a fab time up the road :-)

19/6/06 11:49 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Have fun, but don't drink so much wine that you forget the photos!

19/6/06 5:40 PM  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Wow you need to have your own TV show. La creme de la creme.
It all sounds so tres genteel. Martha Stewart look out, there is a new kid in town.

Ps. please have Nigella on every week..Grrrr.

20/6/06 1:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"gently introduced" I know exactly what you mean..

great stuff!

20/6/06 4:19 PM  
Blogger Brian the Mennonite said...

Wow...the opportunities you've got man. When I visit here, I tend to want your life to be mine. It would be fun to give my liver a bit of a workout surrounded by all of that culture.

21/6/06 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home