A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

How powerful are you?

Your Power Level is: 87%

You have all the tools you need to be a succes both professionally and personally.

You'll probably go beyond reaching your goals.

You'll change the world (at least a little).



How Powerful Are You?



These quizzes are great to alleviate the monotony of a Tuesday morning when all you want is to down tools and sail away into the sunset!
I did it a while ago when I was feeling great and full of zest… I love this word “zest”… the scent of lemons

I am sure that if I tested my power today, I would score a lot less.


I am far from feeling powerless… More like in the hands of destiny…

I have always been the fatalistic kind of guy, never fighting against the tide, philosophically accepting whatever life dished out...

I have travelled this road of mine with very little to whinge about, never really experiencing life’s true hardships, ferocity or unfairness, never tempting fate or dabbling with lady luck…
I devoted my time to solving trivial problems as if they could put an end to war and hunger… Burying my head in the sand and busying myself with picking the fluff out of my belly button…

Over a month ago, I looked in the mirror and noticed my greying moustache…

I got off the slow coach and boarded a high-speed train heading towards an unknown destination … My short hair flapping in the wind, I feel like a teenager once again…

My fellow passengers have shared their bread and wine with me and our long and arduous journey has only just begun…

Do I want to get off this train? The thought crossed my mind for a fleeting second.
Three years ago I got a tiny taste of this ride but could not wait to jump off after just a few miles. My phobia of dark tunnels had won the day…

Today, though I know that this new frightening journey will take me over rough terrain and unchartered territory, I have decided to belt up, brace myself and power away...

Do I still still feel powerless? No way!
...


Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger LDahl said...

You go guy!!!!!!!

6/6/06 8:20 PM  
Blogger Shyha said...

hey! I am absolutly powerless...
and the link is broken so I can't give my vanity a shot ;)

6/6/06 8:32 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Umm...my son used to love He-Man. He got in trouble once for showing his new He-Man underwear to the class. So just be careful out there. Use your power wisely.
Love the post!

6/6/06 9:41 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Well, I've had the shittest day and so I thought a little power quiz might cheer me up. But no, blogger wouldn't let me do the quiz. I must have been truly bad today to be excluded in this way.

You are on such fine form in your comments all over the place. I am well and truly impressed.

6/6/06 9:59 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

oh goody, a new post.
Oh ptb, link wont work for me either.

But loved the Power of Greyskull!

Way to go on the renaissance high speed thing - it is frightening, but i'm sure it will be worth the risk.

6/6/06 10:24 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

You HAVE the power Cream, I believe in you :-)

6/6/06 11:03 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

How many restaurants do you own now? I'd say you're doing your part in ending hunger ;)

7/6/06 3:15 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

Hahahha to Viking's comment.

Well this is all very cryptic Cream. But you don't seem the sort of person who's gone with the flow all your life, looks like you've made things happen! One doesn't own restaurants by just sitting on one's backside!

But a change of direction sounds good! Just don't go dyeing your moustache weird colours OK? Draw the line somewhere! Grey moustaches are distinguished and sexy (think Sean Connery - he did have a moustache didn't he? don't think Magnum PI)

I think it's the power of grated carrots! (I couldn't exist on a bowl of grated carrots for lunch - what else did you have?)

7/6/06 7:36 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Thanks, L...

Shyha, I have repaired the link! Sorry...

Wendz...Steam Engine! Turbo Steam Engine, more like!

Marie, I like your wisdom!

Kitty, sorry about your shit day. Try the test again, I've fixed the link.
Too much time on my hands that's why my comments are all over the place!

L, Renaissance is rebirth! Let's hope it brings a new world to life!

Thanks, Dons! Belief is what I need!

Viking, you're always on form!
Three restaurants feeding the well-fed!

Rambler, thanks for your comments!
I will never die my tache!
Guess what! I didn't have anything else for lunch but that salad!
Another salad at 10pm with slices of tandoori chicken...

7/6/06 9:49 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

oh goodie, it works.
Oh - 77%.
Hmmm. Not sure what I think about that.

Yes, rebirth was just what I meant by Renaissance - and I think its nearly always possible - and worth the pain!

7/6/06 11:28 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

L, if we believed these tests 77% is great!

I did it again this morning when I tested the link and got 90%!

Is this renaissance lark making me stronger or what?? I hope so cos I have butterflies in my belly! Or it might just be the carrot salad!

7/6/06 11:40 AM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

I got 91%. I've got the power too!

Wish these things were true...I might have the power, I don't have the va va voom.

7/6/06 11:45 AM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Well, I got 65% which is very low compared to everyone else's. I always score low in every test I take. Let's hope no-one sets an IQ test on their blog, eh?
You lot would all be filling out your MENSA forms whilst they'd be carting me off for remedial lessons with Year 7.

7/6/06 2:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i got 98%! WHAT!!??????? why not a 100!!!!

:) jk

your colorful food words always make me hungry...

8/6/06 4:56 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Blogger was playing up last night!

Rambler, 91% Wow! Va va voom...You like Thierry, eh!
It's a good laugh really, isn't it!

Kitty, you must've been tired after a long day with the kids... Mensa? Should be Womensa for you...It's a bit harder!

Trac, I like Magnum especially Champagne... I think you're definitely biased! YOU should be the winner!
No, not going anywhere yet...can't go anywhere without my prize...
Healing power, eh!

Wendz, same psychoanalysis as me! Wobbly legs? You Spring Chick!

Ale, I really believe you! You have a lot of zest! Don't shave your hair!

8/6/06 9:23 AM  
Blogger Shyha said...

le chat: I got 70% :) not that bad :]

9/6/06 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home