A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Friday, May 05, 2006

In hot water...

This morning at the gym, I spent over half an hour in the Jacuzzi with our retired milkman's wife, a regular lady customer and a female nurse.
While our bodies were gently being massaged with warm jets of water and bubbles we waffled on about Egyptian holidays, divorce, the health service, restaurants and food...

"And how do you make your toffee baskets, then?" enquired the nurse...

"We used to go out at 7pm and be home by 9pm!" said the milkman's wife, "We both had to be up at 3am!"

"You know what, I went to see about my hip, and the earliest I can get in is 2007! What a disgrace!" said the other lady.

I nodded and agreed on cue. I could've stayed there all morning. Then I remembered that I had to show my face at work...

"Sorry, ladies as much as I'd love to linger and put the world to right, some of us have to work for a living!"

In the showers this giant said: "I was at your tapas bar last week. You said hello. I think you don't recognise me because I'm naked!"

What an amazing start to my day!


Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou:"
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh!
Every little thing gonna be all right. Don't worry!"
Courtesy of Bob Marley

13 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

what a jolly post Cream...I was in a Gym once, they had really good hairdryers...

5/5/06 11:49 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Wendy, I don't think my day can get any better! I had a steamy discussion with a milkman's wife in the sauna...about the price of a pinta!

Trac, the gym's great if only for the Jacuzzi conference...

Tat, our hairdryers are crap!
But the full English breakfast is greaaaat!

5/5/06 1:07 PM  
Blogger ramblingwoman said...

I can just picture it....bubbling away in a jacuzzi. Haha. Being naked (or semi naked) in a jacuzzi a great leveller!

5/5/06 2:40 PM  
Blogger Identikit said...

It certainly sounds better than running. Not sure it's quite me though.

Glad you are back to your OLD self today.

Are you and Wendy pissed yet?

5/5/06 5:00 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Kitty, you're only as OLD as the woman you share your wine with!
Waiting for her to come in from work before we start!
I didn't think you'd like getting wet, my feline friend :o)

Rambler, all we needed was a few cocktails or some bubbly!

5/5/06 5:20 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Love the morning...at home. NO gym for me though the jacuzzi does sound excellent.

5/5/06 6:12 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

Split the difference? hahahahaha
How RUDE!

your morning sounds much more fun than mine!!!

5/5/06 6:28 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

All that before going to work? Bet you don't start working at 8 in the morning. And of course you don't need to commute, that helps too...

5/5/06 7:46 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Ha! It's hard not to recognize a giant!

5/5/06 7:54 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Sounds like you are having way too much fun!

;-)

5/5/06 8:07 PM  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

It's a pretty safe bet that all those ladies were just waiting for you to leave so they could climb out safely without having to reveal their bottoms to you. I should know. I once sat in a jacuzzi for over an hour until the last bloke had got out. By then, I looked like a shrivelled up prune with an orange peel finish xx

5/5/06 9:38 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

you are sooooo funny, I laughed out loud!!! Hilarious!

6/5/06 1:55 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Mary, I love mornings, evenings, the whole day long!

Sorry, Lettuce, couldn't help pointing out the difference between sexes!

Wendz, I enjoyed every single sip of BM with you!

DC, I can start at anytime! I's the bossman!!!
But seriously my town is so compact that I can blog from the Jacuzzi! And I am always at the office around 9am.

Viking, you crack me up, Man!

Caro, I thought that was the idea!

KG, I said the same thing once to a diner I'd met at the pool that same morning. Her husband didn't laugh!

Cherrybabe, I don't believe you!
"...a shrivelled up prune with an orange peel finish ..." There isn't such a fruit, girl!

Christine, I doubt it very much but if that happens I want to be in on it...:o)

Val, glad I made you laugh out loud!!! You've just made me smile!

6/5/06 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home