A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Golf stories...

Many years ago in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled "Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden"...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language. Is this a true fact??

On a golf tour in Ireland, Tiger Woods drives his Volvo into a petrol station in a remote part of the Irish countryside.
The attendant at the pump greets him in a typical Irish manner completely unaware of who the golfing pro is.

"Top of the mornin' to yer, sir" says the attendant. Tiger nods a quick "Hello" and bends forward to pick up the nozzle.

As he does so, two golf tees fall out of his shirt pocket onto the ground.

"What are dey den?" asks the attendant.

"They're called tees" replies Tiger.

"Well, what on dis good earth are dey for?" inquires the Irishman.

"They're for resting my balls on when I'm driving", says Tiger.

"Jaysus", says the Irishman, "Dem boys at Volvo tink of everyting!"


Have yourselves a great weekend! I'm off to Edinburgh!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger DCveR said...

You made me spill my coffee!

12/5/06 6:03 PM  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Edinburgh's lovely. Have fun x

12/5/06 7:07 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Sorry, DC! Just send me your shirt and I'll have it cleaned right away! Was a good one, wasn't it?

Christine, you too have a great weekend!

Cherrybabe, I love Edinburgh! I studied there a long time ago and would live there tomorrow if I could!

12/5/06 7:13 PM  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Larf Out Loud!
Actually I think that golf is short for what you yell at your ball after your first drive...
Go go go go...
Oh sh*t Ohno...
Left..left..left!
F*CK!

12/5/06 9:02 PM  
Blogger Brian the Mennonite said...

I'm going to be resting my balls tomorrow morning for the first time in three years...it's a much needed rest.

13/5/06 12:07 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

Hilarious!!! Have a wonderful time!

13/5/06 3:31 AM  
Blogger Identikit said...

Oh you've gone now.

Hope Edinburgh was wonderful and that you wore your kilt. We are off there in a fortnight - can't wait!

I can't understand the attraction of Golf at all (other than the car sort) it's a bit like fishing really isn't it, except it doesn't involve maggots. Which is a plus I suppose!!

13/5/06 10:22 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Hi Cream....I am way behind on my blogging. Have fun, too!

13/5/06 8:45 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

LOL - excellently funny.

Commando in a kilt? sounds risky.

Your derivation for "Golf" sounds all too bloody likely!

14/5/06 9:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice one Cream.

14/5/06 2:37 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

It seems to be a funny sort of week already... the idea of you in a kilt adds another dimension to it, Mr Commando ;-)

15/5/06 11:20 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Kilted Commandoes! Of course!
Haven't you seen Braveheart, Wendy?

15/5/06 10:08 PM  
Blogger Caribbean Colors Belize said...

Geez that was funny! I'm vack and catching up on my reading. Woo hoo!

16/5/06 4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home