A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

On strike...

Today I am going on strike. I don't really mean it!

Last night, between slurps Wendy taught me how to strikethrough words!
I had always wondered, looked for special buttons on the toolbar, my keyboard, under the desk... (I love it!)
Je suis sûr that Wendy won't be upset if I let the cat out and explain how it is done to those who haven't yet disco discovered the joys of strikethrough!

When you're doing the post, go to the 'html' view...find the word you want to strikethrough...example....cream... and you put...< strike > cream< /strike > and hey, presto! I am struck! cream

They say little things please little minds, but for me, as I explained a few posts back, this is one of those tiny victories that make my life amazingly boring interesting!

So there! If any of yous out there happen to have equally fantastically stuff please feel free to pass it on!
It will help while away the hours between Sundays.

In my quest to translate the word Liver into Spanish I discovered a great language site http://www.wordreference.com/ Hìgado, by the way!

7 Comments:

Blogger valerie walsh said...

I always wondered how everybody did this and now I know!!! I hope your nerve is better and that you don't have pain!

15/4/06 6:53 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

"Smile on face!"
Links in comments. Type:
< a
href= " ADDRESS " > NAME < /a >
No spaces. Voila!

How did the Monkfish turn out?

Supposed to work in the kitchen tonight but glad I was freed to blog at the last minute!
Must do the rounds though! And maybe a Chinese meal later.

15/4/06 8:07 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Ohhhh shucks, all those things out there that can be done and I thought it was difficult, and look how easy it is!

I know exactly how you feel Cream yee haww.

15/4/06 9:28 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Val, thank you very much!

Christine, it only easy if you know the answer!

Gigi, Amazing stuff this strikethrough thing! It turns a boring post (like this one) funny. (Well, funny...ish!)
This is the link that Wendy listed for the Blogger Forums. I'm sure there'll some interesting shortcuts! Yee Haww, Gigi!

15/4/06 10:05 PM  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Today I shall be mostly eating Lamb

Happy Easter Cream.

Fantastic Tip. I shall see in a second whether it works in comments

Apparently not - so I had to delete " Easter Eggs" xxxx

16/4/06 11:00 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Today, I shall be mostly doing nothing interesting!
Or maybe just eating Easter Eggs.

The Strikethrough doesn't work in the comments boxes only in posts.

Happy Easter to you too, Cherry!

16/4/06 12:18 PM  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

I keep having to come back to this post to remember how to do strikethroughs. Would you mind putting it amongst your favourite posts so I can find it easier next time

Cheekypie xxx

7/10/06 1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home