A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Lapping it up?















Durham 2pm. Any excuse to play truant!

I met up with a friend of mine who manages a tap laptop dancing club in Edinburgh!
"Such an easy operation!" He said. While we ate our Mushroom burgers with goat's cheese and rocket.
"Girls from Eastern Europe, Africa as well as University students are queuing up to dance!
They give the club £100 a night and keep the rest for themselves! Some, he said make £1000 a a night!"


On one of my visits to the Athens of the North my wild young cousin (even wilder than his older cousin) begged dragged led me astray! Actually, I went in willingly to try and understand what makes guys go to these places.
After all, you only have to turn on Channel 5 at 10.30pm and by 11pm there is nothing else for you to learn on the subject.

The whole thing is both funny and sad.


Beautiful girls, (the lighting is subdued) drag subdued young men to a dark corner.
They sit the victim guy on a very uncomfortable Ikea chair and for a tenner (paid for in advance), wriggle in front of him for a couple of minutes maybe three if they like the look of him.

The end result is a poor lad, sweating and panting, his tongue hanging past his belt, happy as a lark and a girl ten pounds richer! Good on you, girl!

It just goes to prove that sex does sell!
Although, in my case, that night it did quite the opposite! It ended up in the red! The Buds (£5 each) had been on the house!

Next time my cousin attempts the same trick, I'll just say:

"Gis a bag of crisps!"



Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

Blogger merlinprincesse said...

Fun story... And sad! Life is strange....

20/4/06 4:56 AM  
Blogger TheTart said...

All I can say is that now I am SO HUNGRY that I might eat my computer cable. Crazy post.

Must go find food!!! NOW. ; )

Smooch,
The Tart

20/4/06 5:40 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Princesse, nothing really surprises me any more but it IS sad!

Jody, hope you get your just desserts!

20/4/06 8:53 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Mimi in New York tells some sad tales of strippers / lap dancers.

I've been reading and enjoying your other posts, Cream...this manuscript I'm working on is taking up blog time, bah humbug, etc.

Oh, check out this Taureg band of musicians, they performed in America. I haven't struggled through the Francais on the site as yet...

http://www.triban-union.com/tin_bio.php

Yes, yes, I know, I should do the link thing the way you told us :-)

20/4/06 3:40 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

**Smiles**I was experimenting with the sarcasm button, Wendy. Crap at it!
They were all young, beautiful and naked!
And they even offered to share the crisps! I hate crumbs in bed;)

Gigi, very sad that these girls have to prance around virtually naked, selling a few minutes of their young lives for a quick tenner! Nearly as sad as the young lads, money in hand queuing for a cheap thrill!

I have checked out that link! Sounds good, shame that there are no samples. Many good artists in the line-up!

Hope your manuscript is coming along nicely!

Does the hero die in the end;)

20/4/06 4:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

every one needs a little bit of lovin' eh! ehehehe

20/4/06 6:22 PM  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

A friend of mine has one of those clubs. I have often wondered whether there might be a market for freak nights where I could perhaps make a few extra quid on the side.

If you feel the need for something less cardio-vascular, please check out the Tag I have left for you.

I know they are a bit old hat but it was the first time I've ever been had and I felt obliged to cooperate. It's up to you whether you pick up the chase xx

20/4/06 7:50 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

Sad and pathetic, even more pathetic than prostitution, after all those poor oafs are paying for nothing.

20/4/06 8:49 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Well, Ale you got your German loving at the weekend, so keep on smiling!

Cherry, come on! You'd give them kids a run for their money! Thanks for the Tag! Six random things? Very hard!

DC, there will always be a sucker prepared to part with his money and brain!

20/4/06 10:02 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

No, the hero doesn't die in the end...it's a girl...but she doesn't die. Thank goodness :-)

21/4/06 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home