A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Chinese Takeaway....



















Tonight, after floating about around our Marina, in the car, checking on our restaurants, I headed for my favourite Chinese restaurant in town.
It is my favourite because (a) it is never busy before 1am by which time I'm usually at home and (b) Tony, the owner, a Chinese ex-nurse who'd worked in the Seychelles, often orders the best stuff going and sits with me for a late night nibble and waffle!

Tonight we had squid with chilli and spring onions and king prawns in crispy batter for starters then crispy duck with pancakes for main course.

He saw that my neck was giving me some bother so when I was leaving he gave me this contraption with Chinese instructions and promised that it would take away the pain. He explained how it worked. He had used it once after spraining his wrist.

I honestly like Tony and trust his judgment but I made sure that I had a bottle of Montepulciano just for backup!

Tomorrow, I shall give Chinese medicine a go for the first time in my life! Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Cream said...

Haven't yet given it a try!
Good job Tony explained how to use it otherwise I'll be lost with the Chinese instructions. Must think about learning Chinese, now!
Two glasses on Monte helped numb the ache!
Ta, rarely used!

16/4/06 9:39 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

Let us know if it works. Good luck.

16/4/06 4:48 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Looks scary but I hope it works...

16/4/06 6:05 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

I tried it and....it made my nerve hurt even more so I had another glass of red wine!
It might be good for sprains but not for trapped nerves!

16/4/06 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home