A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Nightmares...












My middle name is Patience!
I know every single one of our employees by name.
I try to remember their birthdays and I usually spend half an hour trying to create a personalised card for those who have been with us a long time.

If they are off on the sick, I try to remember to ring them to find out how they are.

If they begin wondering whether catering is really for them, I sit with them and go through the whole thing of analysing their doubts. I do my Oprah... and try to help them find the way.

Now all this is when I've had my Weetabix for breakfast...

If not, then I point to the above sign! It works wonders!

Just joking! I only like Fruit and Fibre! Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Hmm... If I was sick, and my employer called me, I would be afraid... But that's because I'm never really sick :)

23/3/06 5:57 AM  
Blogger Hayden said...

sometimes a reminder is so needed.... :-)

23/3/06 1:59 PM  
Blogger TheTart said...

Great post! Made me laugh and smile, then I got stressed out!
Hope they are well & come to work. Love all the colored words too.

SMooch,
Your Tart

23/3/06 3:30 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Viking, touch wood! What's "really sick"?

Hayden, you mean a good slap!

Jodie, if they don't come back to work, I smash their kneecaps!

Wendy, it's all about that little thing that means you care. Believe me, sometimes it's only because it has to be done!
As for the colours, for a while I didn't have time to waffle on but nowadays, so much time and so little to do!
The shoulder is agony, still but it's getting better, I think!

23/3/06 10:36 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Yes Sir! Yes Boss! Yes Massa [Master].

Which part is the joke? The Fruit 'n' Fibre or the sign? Hahaha.

I had the dickens of a time trying to get on to your blog, Cream. I should show it your sign. Work, work. Work dammit.

27/3/06 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home