A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Songs of Peace...

The other day Alex (6) was being a little devil, trying to pinch something off his sister, Evie.
I pointed an angry finger at him and said:

"Stop!..."

He looked at me. His bottom lip began to flutter...

I continued the song...

"In the name of love, before you break my heart...!"

Both he and Evie burst out laughing and stopped fighting!
Soon I had them singing...
"Think it oover, think it oover...., Stop..."

The power of song and music...





...

6 Comments:

Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

And you're good with the little ones too!!!

16/12/05 12:39 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

I think I take after Papa when it comes to kids! He always carried sweets in his pockets to dish out in the Paediatrics Dept when he was an ambulance driver!

Kids are amazing!

16/12/05 12:55 AM  
Blogger Hayden said...

how great - good story, clever approach! teaching them not to fight not by fighting with them, but by diverting them with song! What a lesson!

16/12/05 2:45 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

Yeah, that's an interesting approach to kids. I think I may try that one in the future! :)

16/12/05 7:17 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

It just happened, really and I was glad the result was peace!

16/12/05 7:35 PM  
Blogger Hayden said...

well, if it "just happened" your instincts are very good indeed!

18/12/05 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home