A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Reality Politics...

This afternoon, the new Conservative leader was chosen. I predicted that the winner would be David and the loser, David!
No Goliaths here!

David Cameron and David Davis...

The statistics predicted that David Cameron, the younger, more eloquent of the two would get the votes. He delivered a good Conference speech, without notes!

I could speak for an hour without notes and I am sure I would be able to deliver the same rubbish that has been repeated over the years by politicians desperate for office.

And now politics and hilarity have mingled in the popular (!) reality (!) show, "I am a Celebrity, get me out of here!"
Carol Thatcher, the ex-Iron Lady's daughter won the latest edition.

Even BBC Radio Five, one of the only remaining "sane" stations, joined the bandwaggon and broadcast Maggie's favourite punchlines...
"This lady is not for turning!"

Reality Show, Politics...GET REAL!
This may make you forget about it all... Kindly borrowed from Losts's World

8 Comments:

Blogger DCveR said...

Thanks for the lights... I won't thank your for the politics 'cause I'm already fed up with our own politicians and the race for presidency.

6/12/05 7:55 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Karen and I put our feet up and laughed gleefully at the light show! It is really amazing that someone could go to all the trouble and then be hated by his neighbours for the rest of the year!

6/12/05 10:30 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

so i would say something but i live in America, a hotbed of political turmoil and where rightfully so, many other peoples hate us. I will leave that can of worms unopened.

7/12/05 1:24 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

"a hotbed of political turmoil and where rightfully so, many other peoples hate us"

Not to open Valgalart's can of worms, but in response I'd have to say that I completely agree.

7/12/05 2:12 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Val and Juliana, I can assure you that from what I understand, American individuals are far from hated.
But American foreign policies are! Even within liberal quarters and America's friends. But that's a can of worms, I agree.

I hope you checked the link I placed on the post thanks to Lost. Once you've seen it, political matters take a back seat!

7/12/05 8:27 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

I kept chickens when I was a child too.

I had to thaw my favourite rooster out one cold wintery day when he got frozen!!!

Funny how yours was so, um attached?, to your Aunty.

7/12/05 9:19 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Call politics a circus, it might help you laugh.

7/12/05 10:20 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Caroline, poor thing! Frozen chicken from a young age!

GG, I am watching Prime Minister's Question Time right now. It is like a circus! Jokes and Laughter...

7/12/05 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home