A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Small Cherry Tale...


Yesterday afternoon, I was having my usual afternoon meal at 4.30 before returning to work .
Karen had made a delicious dish of Lasagne. Evie was sat across the kitchen table from me tucking into hers while Alex was playing with his toys.

Contrary to Karen's strict regulations I had my laptop on the kitchen table. My excuse was the presence of the decorator in the other rooms.
Once I finished my Lasagna, while nibbling on a crispy salad, I logged on. (I love my wireless connection!)
I checked my blogger friends new posts and came across Labrat's Small Cherry Tale
I decided to read it to our Evie.
I shouted for Alex but he darted past us, through the utility to the toilet shouting: "I need the loo, I need the loo!" The 6-year old devil usually leaves it the last minute!
So I began reading.
Evie was spellbound.
Every now and then the storytelling was interrupted by Alex's singing and straining on the toilet. I got up, closed the door and continued.

When I came to the end of this beautiful story, Evie said: "Is there another one, is there another one?"
I said that was the only story of the day.

Later on, I commented on Labrat's blog about Evie's afternoon experience.
"Just read the story to our Evie. She loved it so much she asked: "Is there any more?"And the illustration is so beautiful! "
Our dear friend Ldahl replied:
"Cream, :) :) :) Made my day!!! Hugs to Evie!! email me your street addie and I'll send her one of the sketches I made for the cherry elf. Thank you for my happy day:)"

I am sure that when Evie opens her presents on Christmas Day she will remember the Cherry Tree Tale and cherish the gift!

Once again, Ldahl thank you very much for your amazing gift!
The Spirit of Christmas has already arrived!

Below is Evie's Card gallery:

15 Comments:

Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

What an absolutely delightful blog! Thanks, Cream. I forgot to ask her, not related even slightly to Roald Dahl, is she?

30/11/05 12:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Soooo cute!!! :)

30/11/05 5:27 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

when i read ldahls story i loved it too and the recipe, so clever and magical! This is how life should be generous spirits being kind to each other. Evie will never forget this and it will inspire her in so many ways. l. dahl is a doll!

30/11/05 6:48 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

By the way, I like Alex singing and straining on the loo, hahahaha...the things children do.

Lovely card gallery, by Evie.

We have an almighty FAT folder with my nephews' art work. Picasso lives.

30/11/05 8:56 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

GG, we'll have to ask ldahl if she is related to Roald. Alex always sings on the toilet! And Evie always leaves the kitchen covered in glitter after she's spent a night with us.

Val, you are right, I am sure that Evie will love the L's gift! She has always been artistic and this will really inspire her.

Alina, it is great to be surrounded by kids!

30/11/05 10:38 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

I wanted to actually try making the small cherry pie until I got to the magic wand part. My sister is a harry potter fan, maybe I can borrow her wand.

30/11/05 10:45 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Well, Juliana, that's the most important ingredient, you know!
You are lucky to have a sister who owns a magic wand!

30/11/05 11:00 PM  
Blogger LDahl said...

What a lovely surprise this is!! *BLUSH* oh, my... Thank you, this is so special!!!
Thank you also for the darling photo of Evie, she is a beautiful spirit! If it is alright with you, I thought I might also send a copy of the story on some some interesting paper, I think if I can get it into the post by the first of next week, it should arrive in time. (Or not at all...as unfortunatly I've had that experience a few times too:(

But we'll think good thoughts and I'll put some stickers on the package for luck:)))

1/12/05 6:12 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

L, it was something out of the ordinary and I had to tell all my blogger-friends.
Evie is special for us because she's our first and only granddaughter!
As for the paper, please feel free.
Thanks once again! Cream.

1/12/05 9:17 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

I loved that story, too. I'm even tempted to read it to my 11 year old son, even though he *thinks* he's long outgrown such things.

2/12/05 7:08 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Andrea, just do it! It's not a story for all ages! He'll love it!

Penny, the Munchkins will really love it! I have discovered LDahl main website and there are many gems there!
Our Evie Louise and Alex Christopher! They're class!

2/12/05 7:54 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

Alex(ander) and Christopher -- my sons' middle names!

2/12/05 11:47 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

This is a very small world, Andrea!
Did you read your son LDahl's story?

3/12/05 12:38 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

what brilliant sparkly cards - glitter rules!

3/12/05 11:11 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Glitter everywhere for days after Evie's been here!

3/12/05 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home