A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

No post tonight...


Tonight, I am not posting anything. I have a trapped nerve in my shoulder.

Yesterday I went to the chiropractor's.
Maria has been chiropractising for the last 10 years and she is good. While she is wringing my neck, lifting my left foot over my head, bouncing me up and down on the massage table, we talk about all sorts. Her receptionist who is late. The forthcoming tapas bar. Her Greek classes.
And then I scream a little.
"This is gonna hurt! Trust me, I am a policeman's wife!
And then I laugh a little.

I sit in front of the computer but I cannot really relax. The pain travels from the back of my neck to my fingertips and back. Like toothache!

Why don't I go home?

A French chef friend of mine rings me.
"Phil and I are at the pub. Fancy lunch?"
"Fifteen minutes! Order me whatever you are having. No wine. Just a juice!"
The pub in a little village neaby is quiet when I arrive. Mind it doesn't get any livelier. I am subdued.

Phil and my Froggie friend have already started on the Argentinian wine. Norton Malbec.
The dinner comes. Fish and chips. I joke that I don't like fish.

Half way through the meal they convince me that the red wine will do my shoulder a great lot of good. I pour myself half a glassful.

We talk about food, wine, past druken gatherings and finish off with an espresso.

My trapped nerve is still trapped and so am I.

I cannot be bothered to do anything. I just go home and sit watching the telly. Boring! I read a bit. The book is too heavy (in weight).
I try to draw. Nothing materialises.

So I decide not to post tonight. That's it! You were warned.

18 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

Your photos remind me of my youth, frollicking in the highlands of my beloved Scotland. Oh, wait, I'm remembering other people's memories again.

24/11/05 5:46 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

hope your nerve gets freed soon...

24/11/05 7:07 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Scubes, Edinburgh is my favourite British city but it is not really Scotland, is it?
Frolicking among the heather and watching the salmon leap up the torrents, eh...
Thanks, Val!

24/11/05 8:56 AM  
Blogger Caribbean Colors Belize said...

Thanks for the warning.
Now its time to type the worde verification/intelligence test answer.
fdmpks.

24/11/05 1:59 PM  
Blogger Caribbean Colors Belize said...

Did your chiropracter tell you to ice the nerve then to use heat? That can help sometimes.

24/11/05 2:02 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

It was a very good post for not posting.

24/11/05 2:42 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Lee, I will have to try the ice! And if it doesn't work I will pour some Whisky on and that'll certainly work!

Juliana, post? What post?

24/11/05 3:56 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Even your non posts are post worthy! Hope you get better!

24/11/05 5:07 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Thanks, Janet. I think that if one starts waffling on about one's day, there is always something to tell, really.

24/11/05 5:11 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

Thaks for the grin. As for your shoulder -- I feel your pain (sometimes). :) Take care of it and stop overdoing it!

24/11/05 5:38 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Keep on grinning Andrea! I am giving my shoulder the cold shoulder!

24/11/05 6:12 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Free The Nerve Now.

Signed,
The Nerve Center.

Then you too will be free. From pain.

Hope you feel better soon, Cream.

24/11/05 6:59 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

Man, I sure hope you get better, that really sounds like a nuisance.

24/11/05 7:36 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Welcome back, DC! I hope you had a great time! Definitely missed you!

24/11/05 7:55 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

GG, you have the Nerve!

24/11/05 7:59 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Thanks, Penny!
I can't think of any pain in the world that will me give up this blog! Even when the Tapas Bar materialises, I will try to find time at the end of the day to jot down a few things.

25/11/05 11:34 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Yes, my family says I can be a real pain in the neck :-D

25/11/05 1:06 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Well, GG! I wouldn't have thought so, hee, hee...

25/11/05 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home