A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Cartoons...


















Along with my dream of becoming a clown, came the one about becoming a cartoonist.
When I was at Algiers Uni, I ran a Monthly magazine whose total staff count was ONE! Moi, from start to finish...
I designed the cover, wrote all the articles and jokes, compiled a crossword, typed, printed, stapled and distributed it!

It lasted two months! My computer studies got in the way!

Nowadays, I doodle...Even during my Monday watercolour class, I prefer doodling.

In July I discovered Vit's Blog and her use of Corel Painter, I thought my cartoons would get better. Wrong!
I bought the program and a cheap tablet and after a few attempts, I got sick of drawing. Especially when the tablet died on me!

This morning, I hinted to Karen:
"For Christmas, I would really love a Wacom A4 Tablet!"
"Oh...!"
"Well, I said I didn't want anything usual this Christmas...!"
"Since when do you get any usual presents?"
"You see, most of the unusual presents I get for Christmas are still boxed at the bottom of the wardrobe!"
"You did insist on stuff other than socks, gloves, chocolates or alcohol. It is not my fault if your staff got you a toilet roll holder-radio last year and a shower radio the year before!"

"Alright, alright...Anyway, this year, I'd like the tablet and that's all I want."

"I think I need a dozen tablets listening to you... headache tablets!" and she stormed upstairs to bin last Christmas' presents.


Posted by Picasa

17 Comments:

Blogger Janey said...

This is adorable, especially that huffing buffing bull.

28/11/05 11:19 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

love the illo and the colours! funny story although i really don't know what a wacom A4 is, i'm assuming it's some kind of program? Hope you get what you want and not a lump of coal.

29/11/05 8:12 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Thanks Janet, I drew it before the tablet died on me.
Val, a Wacom tablet is the latest in wireless technology.
Wacom is like a board linked to the PC. It comes with a digital pen which you can use to draw, paint, etc...

29/11/05 9:18 AM  
Blogger DCveR said...

That's why on the Nth day of creation the Supreme Being gave Mankind the "wishlist site": so you can tell people what you want for a present!!! ;)

29/11/05 12:14 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Darn computer studies, getting in the way of true talent!

I hope you get your tablet!

You think you're bad with unsual things? Ha. Can't beat me. I love gadgets, gimmicky things, it's terrible, this love for Things :-D

29/11/05 1:50 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

DC, you'll have to tell if there is really such a site. The list is gonna be very short!

GG, you either have it or you don't! And I definitely didn't and still don't!
One year I asked for unusual things and ended up getting so much rubbish, you won't believe it!
Nowadays, I just ask for book vouchers...But I still get rubbish!
A gift horse in the mouth...and all that...
Horse, what horse? I didn't ask for a horse!

29/11/05 5:19 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

Say you'll accept chocolate again -- then ship it to me! Only dark, though, 70% cocoa or more...

29/11/05 6:37 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

I guess i don't get out much! ThanKs for showing me that, I also like the way you and andrea have the ability to talk about something then you can click on and see it! I love that and must learn this. So much to learn and so little time,sigh. This guy Scott critiqued my blog pix and I did not even realize they were bad!(He was very nice about it)I was looking at my art not my photos. So i learned that this week and fixed it!Hooray!I can see why you would like to have this tablet!!!

29/11/05 6:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

if i was your staff i would get you an AUTOMATIC TOILET FLUSHER!!! its only $198--- eheheehe

ohhh the joys of christmas shopping!

29/11/05 8:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yes GG you're so EVIL! hehehe

i think GG needs a Blackberry so she can blog with her thumbs from anywhere!

29/11/05 8:35 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Andrea, dark chocolate being beamed your way, right as we speak!

Val, you are talking of "href". Same format as when you do a link on the side bar. But some links don't work...It's hitty-missy!

Ale, I have wireless stuff and sometimes I surf from my bed when Karen is on hol. Is that a Blackberry?
Auto-toilet-flusher... Would frighten me...Can imagine if it starts when you are still on the toilet?

29/11/05 10:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fun illustration!! The photo below is beautiful!

30/11/05 12:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

haaahaha- its true- those things are pretty scary! and they usually DO flush at all the wrong times--
they have minds of their own-

laynjamr - is my word verification

30/11/05 4:27 AM  
Blogger DCveR said...

There are several sites that host wishlists. From Amazon to Confusticate. No kiding.

30/11/05 8:21 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Alina, I am glad you like the picture. Can't wait for my Wacom tablet to do a bit better.

Ale, that's what worried me!
Lane Jammer, eh!

DC, I will check the sites, but I doubt whether Karen will look into it. She thinks computers are toys!
...And she isn't that far wrong!

30/11/05 9:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ohhhh you missed it- i read it as

lay and jam MR! hahaha

2/12/05 3:31 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Ale, Jam Mr, eh... I hope your Nicholas likes jam with his...breakfast in bed!

Penny, Karen has a dry sense of stabbing humour especially when it's directed at me!

2/12/05 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home