A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Monday, October 03, 2005

What's the missing ingredient?





























Ratatouille!
Now then, what is the missing ingredient here?

While on holiday, I made my usual ratatouille and decided to draw its ingredients. I was drinking a very good Rioja at the time!
The following morning, I looked at the drawing and realised that I had forgotten one of the main ingredients of this delicious dish, eaten hot or cold throughout the Med in various guises.
My version is the French one... hence "La Cuisine du Soleil" written on the sand.
Can you guess the missing ingredient?

I am back after two weeks of Costa Blanca sun, food, wine and village celebrations! Amazing!

10 Comments:

Blogger DCveR said...

Welcome back.
To me it seems only the bottle of olive oil is missing. Or do you have something more on yours? Oh, and salt, pepper and herbs, but I guess you woudln't draw those.

4/10/05 12:04 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Looks like you've got all the touille... You forgot the rat :)

4/10/05 6:15 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

dcver, you are right. The missing ingredient is not a condiment. It is a vegetable.
Viking, can't be a rat, cos the dish is vegetarian.

4/10/05 10:40 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I just like your drawings, missing ingredient or not.

And I'm glad you're back and had a good time.

Now I'm hungry, I'm off to eat soya and tomato in mushroom sauce.

4/10/05 9:25 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Thanks, GG.
Soya? Never touched it in solid form... Just a wee drop on a Chinese or Japanese meal!
Bon Appetit, ma chere!

4/10/05 10:02 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

Sorry pal, can't figure it out, that is all I use. That green thing you have drawed is a courgette, right?

5/10/05 1:40 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

dcver, no the green thing is a green pepper but I feel you've cracked it! It is the courgette that's missing! Bravissimo!
One day I shall learn to draw a better green pepper!

5/10/05 8:58 AM  
Blogger DCveR said...

LOL
I thought it was a bad courgette drawing.

5/10/05 11:41 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

What is courgette? I would not know if it's a bad drawing because I don't know courgette.

Cream, I lurve tofu, that's what I meant, tofu.

6/10/05 12:15 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

GG.Courgette is the European for Zucchini...for the Americans.
When I was a kid I hated them and Aubergines (Eggplant) but nowadays I eat just about any vegetable I come across.

Tofu? Tried some once at a Thai restaurant but wasn't very impressed. Maybe it's the way it was served...

6/10/05 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home