A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Tagged: 20 Random facts

Caroline tagged me to post 20 random facts about myself. I will tag the same amount of people as minutes it took me to write the facts...


  1. I speak English, French and Arabic
  2. I can understand and make myself understood in Italian, Greek and Spanish
  3. I drink lots of Espresso
  4. I play squash a couple of times a week and I am still alive
  5. I love dancing
  6. I am 5ft11"
  7. I enjoy going out for meals
  8. I spend a few weeks a year on the Costa Blanca
  9. I always have an hour in bed in the afternoon whether I go to sleep or not
  10. I studied Computing and Naval Architecture but my first real job was washing-up
  11. I love vegetables and my favourite is Green Beans sautéed in garlic butter and white wine.
  12. I attend a watercolour class on Mondays
  13. Unlucky for some but I don't mind it.
  14. My daily work should be done in no more than half an hour but I stretch it to eight hours...
  15. I hate making beds up
  16. I was a boy scout
  17. I cooked for 15 years without a single cookery lesson
  18. I love the Island of Madagascar and the Indian Ocean
  19. I can't bear to buy designer gear. My most expensive pair of shoes was £39!
  20. My sin is good red wine followed by Armagnac

I have tagged:
Guyana-Gyal
Viking
Julie Oakley

Let's hope they rise to the challenge!

21 Comments:

Blogger DCveR said...

Boy Scouts are worst than mushrooms! Wherever you look you find another one!

15/10/05 11:26 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Once a scout, always a scout! Dip, dip, dip...

16/10/05 12:05 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Wow, it only took you 3 minutes? This will take me the better part of a week...

#13- Me too

16/10/05 5:37 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I've never met a Boys Scout, oh, and they don't grow mushrooms here either :-(

A week, Viking?

I'll try to post it today, after the dishes, laundry, beds...housework, housework...

16/10/05 12:33 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

GG: But in the blogosphere you've already found two. At least. I guess cream and I are not the only ones.

16/10/05 1:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hahaha!!! you know cream- it would have taken LESS time to list the languages that you DON'T speak! ;)

why are you stuggling about writing a book? is it the subject that's a problem or direction?

16/10/05 9:03 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Okay, Cream, I did the tag :-)

Your list here confirms what I've guessed, you love life, you live life to the full.

17/10/05 3:16 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Merci beaucoup à tous et à toutes!

So, you were a scout too, dcver? Couldn't have guessed from your organisational skills!

Viking, took a touch longer than 3 minutes but ran out of friends...

Ale, languages are only easy if you want to learn them. And they get easier the more you learn!
As for the book, too little time and no discipline!

GG, you fathomed me out from Day One! YOu are a good judge of character! What you see is what you get, with me...

Thank you all!

17/10/05 9:03 AM  
Blogger DCveR said...

Not sure if I know what you mean.

17/10/05 11:34 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

dcver, nothing sinister. You just come across as someone who's amazingly organised and tidy.
I think you should the 20 random facts thing so that we get to know you better! Just consider yourself TAGGED!

17/10/05 12:16 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

He's not going to do it, Cream, he did two tags and GRUMBLED. And to top it all, he hates Mondays. [Guess who I'm talking about ;-)]

17/10/05 12:53 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Well, GG with a bit of laughing gas we might be able to get him to do it, you never know...

17/10/05 2:04 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

hi Cream

Some great random facts there - glad I tagged you!

17/10/05 5:46 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

No way. But you can get your answers from my FAQ.
More than 20 answers there...

17/10/05 6:56 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Oh god tagging seems to me to be a bit like chain letters. Anyway I will try to do it - does this mean I have to tag someone?

17/10/05 8:48 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

I had to come back and set things straight about one thing: I am not organized. My home office is a mess, my work office is another mess, my lab is not a complete mess because my favorite colleague forces me to keep things nice by means of nagging about it EVERY day and we do have to share that lab. BUT I am very lazy, so when being slightly organized reduces labor I will start setting things in an orderly fashion. Sorry for taking so much space here…

17/10/05 8:57 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Hi, Julie
You need to tag as many people as minutes it took you to compile the list.... You can cheat a little, really.

18/10/05 8:55 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Dcver, I am glad you refused to be tagged! What with you FAQ and these above admissions, it's as if we've known you for years!
I am really lazy too and my office is a mess! Every now and then I scour it out and can't believe how much rubbish I have gathered!
I am organised in my head... I think...

18/10/05 8:58 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Ok I'm putting my list up, but everyone I would dare to tag has already been done and anyway - it took me far too long to tag all those people - the tag will have to die with me

18/10/05 8:32 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I was a boy scout too. Now I only need 18 more random facts...

19/10/05 6:35 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Julie, the list is great! So much has been come to light!
Viking, is that boy scout 2...? Only counts as one, my friend!

19/10/05 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home