A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

A load of bull...


I have always wanted to attend a Corrida, Fiesta de toros, etc... but never managed to go during the right season. The killing season.

I am really in two minds as to whether I would enjoy one.
I love the music and the clamour, the "oles" and the thumbs down (do they do that?)
And I am sure that if I am far enough not to be splashed with Sangre de Toro (not the wine!) I might enjoy it.
I know that I would have to go on my own. Karen doesn't the sight of cold tripe or liver and onions...

Picadors, matadors, toreadors... How many butchers does it take to slice a T-bone steak?

In this drawing the bull looks as if he is licking the matador's shiny black shoes. Or is he kissing them?
"Come, senor Toro! Stand up! Are you a bull or a mouse?"

4 Comments:

Blogger DCveR said...

There are no thumbs down, you would hardly be splashed with blood, steaks are not cut on the arena.
Oh, and the Toiro (Portuguese word is either Toiro or Touro, both usable) tneds to aim low when it strikes, hence it looks like it's kissing the Toreador's shoes.
I don't really like bullfights, but I can live with it.

8/10/05 9:01 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Thanks dcver for enlightening me.
Nice to hear there is no barbie at the end of the fiesta!
I will one day go to a corrida and see what effect it has on me.
As I am new to Corel Painter I couldn't get the bull to look more dignified.

9/10/05 10:41 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I like this picture, they look like they're being friendly to each other.

I don't get upset about folks eating meat, but it does bother me when people harrass animals for sport or play or fun.

11/10/05 12:20 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

I have never been to a corrida and would love to. Just to make up my mind about blood "sports".

I do eat meat but don't really miss it if it is not there.

11/10/05 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home