A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Just a little espression!







Espresso, Presse, Express, Solo, Kaffee...
Call it what you want! Just Espress yourselves...


I have been drinking coffee ever since I can remember. My mother added chicory to it to make it go further.
A massive round mug, more like a soup bowl with full cream milk. Every morning before school, after school and just before bed!
Slurp...
Then at boarding school, the same thing. Morning, afternoon and night.
Slurp...
The big city and IT school when computers were petrol driven. The first espresso on a sunny terrace...
Slurp...
Heaven!
Hooked if I had not been already!
Slurp...
Crossed two seas... Opened my eyes...
Scottish coffee a letdown back in those days...
Italian friends smuggled shots of espresso to the college cafeteria...
Slurp...
English coffee not much better...
Except at the Italian caff... Had to wait for it! Brewed while you wait instead of the stuff poured to the common folk...
Slurp...
Lost in the Med... Demanded Greek coffee in Turkey and Turkish coffee in Greece... Nearly started another war....
Lost on the Indian Ocean... Found real Kenyan coffee...
Slurp...
Back to England... Tried every coffee on offer... The sun did not shine once...
Washed up in an Italian Pizzeria... Would have taken coffee as payment... But the free coffee flowed...
Slurp...
Then came the restaurants...
My own espresso MACHINE !
So friendly it switches itself on as soon as I open the front door at 9am...
Addicted? No way, my dear... This is a love affair!

11 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Ahahahahaha! I too am in that cursed affair!

Just the other day, I was thinking of opening a coffee shop where they brew each cup while you wait. I didn't know it's been done already.

11/10/05 10:00 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

Man! Portugal is coffee lovers paradise! Great coffee everywhere! I start my day with an Espresso in my own kitchen (our machine is family, we refuse to part with that machine), I get my second Espresso before entering the building where I work, and I still have and Espresso machine on every level of the building.

11/10/05 11:49 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Lads, this is definitely a great religion to follow. Instead of wine, a wee shot of espresso... Instead of bread, a couple of coffee beans...
No sermons, just a newspaper.
No hymns, just the sound of the coffee grinder and the cappuccino nozzle.
Hey, men!
Heaven can wait!

12/10/05 9:14 AM  
Blogger Lucy P said...

cccooooooffffeeeeeeee....
sorry. just thinking out loud. gave up ciggies, but the coffee URGE is far stronger.

12/10/05 10:51 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Vit, it seems to me that every blogger is a coffee addi..er... lover! The same breed!

Remember, I said once I'd given up smoking by chewing coffee beans... Still get the urge for one every now and then...Coffee bean,that is!

12/10/05 11:35 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Where's the tea, where's the TEA??

12/10/05 5:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OHHH LOVE IT!!!

me too- coffee lover- (i have a section of links dedicated to cofee)

glad you didnt start another war bw greeks and turks -- oh no

12/10/05 7:13 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

GG, tea is good but it doesn't tickle my brain the way a coffee does. I do drink tea, mint tea...
Ale, will check out your coffee section.
I was just kidding, I am pacifist, really

12/10/05 8:32 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Funny, a lot of people (myself included) wrote about coffee the past couple days. Must be getting cold outside!

12/10/05 8:42 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

Tea is great for relaxing after a long day, but coffee is the fuel to survive the long day!!!

12/10/05 9:21 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Once again, dcver, right on the nail!
Viking, I did notice that! You might be right about the cold! It is wet, wet, wet in N.E. England!

12/10/05 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home