A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

A well needed break...



I am off to Spain for two weeks. The Costa Blanca to be precise. Not very far from Murcia to be preciser...
As soon as I get off the plane and into the hire car I know I am home from home.
The aroma of the orange and lemon groves, the dust, the chorizo, the olives, the warmth... Ahhhh....
I might do another mosaic or just chill out and drive inland. What the hell! I am on holiday! I can do what I want and if I don't want to cook, I will BBQ... or just eat out or get invited for a meal... Or just chill out and drink wine.

It is really funny but two hours away from here and life is totally different. Is it because the pressure is off? No customers, no staff. It might be and I cannot wait to do it for much longer.

The Med soothes me like no other place on Earth. Well, maybe like the Lake District or Edinburgh. The only difference is the weather and the vegetables. They taste sublime! Fruity tomatoes and succulent watermelons. Ahhhh...
Easily pleased? The best pleasures in life are within arm's length... or mouth's reach!
FEED ME....

6 Comments:

Blogger DCveR said...

Enjoy your time off. Feast yourself on Spanish delicacies. Take extra long siestas. Gosh I'm starting to feel a bit of envy here... Have a nice holiday.

17/9/05 7:59 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Muchas gracias, amigo!
I have been having siestas ever since I can remember. Nowadays, they're called Power Naps...
I am trying to learn Spanish but I need at least a couple of months on the trot in Spain to get into it properly!
Un di questi giorni, mi amico!
Thanks, dcver!

17/9/05 11:17 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Mmmmm, have fun, relax, return refreshed. Maybe you'll come back with some delightful illustrations too.

Sounds like you enjoy life no matter where you go, though.

18/9/05 2:06 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

GG, you have hit the nail on the head!
I enjoy life whatever I do and wherever I am doing it! It is so short...
As I mentioned to Vit some time ago, holidays are in the head!

18/9/05 9:51 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Oh, I do so agree. Holidays are all in the mind. You have a wonderful attitude to life, I think.

Sometimes, just for a leetle while, we need to take the body off to some place else too. So enjoy, body and soul.

Hey, I love that escape from the tomato illustration.

18/9/05 5:50 PM  
Blogger The Aunt said...

I am JEALOUS. Jealous. Jealous.
Bring us back a recipe.

19/9/05 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home