A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Quiet Window Tables...

It never ceases to amaze me how people often come out with some weird stuff.
"Could we have a quiet table, please?"
Now, I know that our tables have four legs but on our Adam's life I have never heard any of them utter a single word, not even a quiet one. I feel like saying: " Sorry, we've only got loud ones left. Wood tables stop chattering if you covered them with a cloth?"

"Here is another beauty: "Could we please have a window table?"
Everyone insists on a window table.
We could serve anything but they would not notice for looking out to sea.
Do you want it in case of fire? Do you want to do a runner?




Whenever I pass the old peoples home along the prom, I can see sad faces at each and every window. You asked for it! What a sorry sight!


We have now decided to erect a double-glazed window next to each table, surround the restaurant with water and everyone will be happy.
Another thought is to float the company :(

7 Comments:

Blogger DCveR said...

I'd like a quiet window table if you please. :P

15/9/05 9:16 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

That's a double whammy, dcver!

I'm out of here! Cook your own dinner! :-(

15/9/05 9:22 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I love that illustration. Did you do it?

Oh, and can I have a window table too? A quiet window table.

15/9/05 11:33 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Yes, I have just managed to post it...I did it on Painter. But I need a lot more practice. Thanks anyway!
I will reserve you a table overlooking the bay...Will that do?

15/9/05 11:38 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

'Bay' makes me think of that song, "sitting on the dock of the bay..."

And 'Cream' makes me think of that group Eric Clapton used to sing with.

My brothers you see are responsible for my knowing these irrelevant bits of info :-)

16/9/05 4:03 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Haha, quiet table...
:)
You've made me laugh...

18/9/05 1:26 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Viking, I am delighted that I made you laugh!
I love my customers really and after a busy Saturday night, a glass of wine in hand, I think of the people we served and smile!

Have you thought about waiting on tables until you find a proper job?

That's what I did 26 years ago but I made the mistake of falling in love with the restaurant business...I never left!

18/9/05 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home