A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Papa...


At 84, Papa is still going strong. He says that he owes it to his competitive cycling days.
As an ambulance driver, he travelled far and wide throughout Algeria.
A gentle guy and a practical joker... He often turned his windscreen washers towards the kerb and gleefully sprinkled passing acquaintances.

I took this picture on my mobile phone and used Corel Painter to draw and colour it.
This is a very rough exercise but I will hopefully get better with time as I get to grips with the amazing array of brushes Painter offers.

My watercolour class starts on Monday. That's real paints, by the way.

7 Comments:

Blogger DCveR said...

Nice job. If you're as good with real paint you may be onto something there!

9/9/05 2:43 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Thank you! I love real paint but I don't think I am dedicated enough yet because I still moan about cleaning my brushes. With Painter I just click on Exit and then put away my laptop.
Lazy?

9/9/05 7:17 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Mm, yes, nice job. I like Papa's hat and your drums. Tell Papa salam et bon soir :-)

12/9/05 4:30 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Merci beaucoup, Guyana-gyal! Obviously someone who is well versed in languages... Well, done!

12/9/05 12:18 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Not well versed, because of lack of practise, I'm rusty.

12/9/05 7:50 PM  
Blogger Lucy P said...

YAY, painter! another convert. keep it up.
Ill be watching! ;)

13/9/05 12:35 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Obrigado, Vit!
I am truly honoured the "Queen of Painter" has visited my Blog!
Will endeavour (in a teeny weeny way) to emulate her Highness!

Merci, Votre Majeste!

13/9/05 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home