A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

An Ode to Rosemary and Thyme



















This is a daft little ode I composed in 1996 for the restaurant's 12th anniversary.

THYME flies when you're having FENNEL.
We've CINNAMON CUMIN and going.
We never got CARAWAY by our success.
No matter how CHILLI the North wind blew,
It was SAGE to CURRY on serving a good stew.
I sat making OREGANO planes with old menus,
And landed them in the waste PEPPER basket.
The mirror told me to turn a new BAY LEAF,
But, I CORIANDER piling on the beef.
To Karen, my sweet LOVAGE, and to all our
Long SAFFRON staff, truly the SALT of the Earth,
Please kindly accept this BOUQUET GARNI
For GINGERLY putting up with me.
COS LETTUCE be honest, I think I have gone
PARSLEY NUTMEG, nearly as faulty as BASIL.
After eleven SEASONINGS in Sunny Seaton,
Could it be all the beef that I have eaten?
If this sounds all FENUGREEK to you,
It is MINT to be!
Says who?
SESAME, Krimo!

3 Comments:

Blogger DCveR said...

Not sure if this is exactly what they call spicy poetry...

14/9/05 1:27 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Oh, how punderful!

14/9/05 2:29 AM  
Blogger Caribbean Colors Belize said...

Orange you glad you use dial? Doncha wish everyone did?

14/9/05 4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home