A series of anecdotes with or without any connection to the running of a restaurant.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

De Gustibus: A match of two halves...

The flower motif which adorns our new bath towels, matches the wallpaper beautifully. However, attempting to dry myself after a shower has the same effect as rubbing my body with greaseproof paper. Karen bought them because they matched.
She will listen to my protests and then give me a disdainful look which means: Go back to the desert, you ignoramus... who has never once watched an entire episode of Changing Rooms!
I really believe that if Changing Rooms was a religion, Karen would be ordained High Priestess. She would probably ban brown from the Dulux colour chart and inscribe the Ten Commandments on a guilt-framed piece of MDF.

Our new toaster is the exact match of one of the colourful kitchen wall tiles. The fact that you can only fit Swedish square crisp bread in it is of no interest to Karen. Supermarket bread can always be carefully reshaped to fit in.
Karen nearly had a heart attack once when I disturbed her spice arrangement after pinching a cinnamon stick to flavour the couscous.

Our 6-year-old granddaughter, Evie is only allowed to draw with crayons that exactly match the kitchen colour scheme. Her completed artwork will only adorn the notice board if it fulfils strict planning guidelines relating to shape, content and colour. As a result, Evie is now capable of distinguishing nuances in colours I never thought existed. God help her husband, when she gets married.

Our television cabinet has had more facelifts than Michael Jackson. One minute it is dark brown with the doors opening up and over and the next it is light honey with the doors opening sideways. The video case labels had to be specially imported from Persia to match the sitting room rug just in case Adam or I inadvertently happen to leave the cabinet doors open.

More agony coming soon...

5 Comments:

Blogger DCveR said...

At least you don't get tired of looking for the same stuff everyday.
However I'd better not let Good Half meet your wife, just in case...

17/9/05 11:11 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

You are right, there dcver.

Sometimes I come home at night and I have to be careful not to break my neck on the furniture... She has this quaint (!) habit of reorganising the seating plan on a regular basis.
It keeps me alive and guessing...:o)

17/9/05 11:19 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Cream, why do I think you're related to my mum? Exaggerate, exaggerate, exaggerate :-D hahaha...

Go on, admit it, you love what Karen does to the home :-)

18/9/05 2:03 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Celebrated our Silver Wedding in July!
GG, you are right once again!
I discover one good little thing about Karen every day!

As the saying goes:"A happy marriage requires falling in love many times...always with the same person!"

18/9/05 9:58 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Silver? Wonderful. Congrats.

You and Dcver, so in love with your wives. It gives hope to others, I think.

You're one positive feller. Must be papa's influence :-) And a wonderful wife.

18/9/05 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home